- Liteon 52A8S, SATA CDRW Drive
With S-ATA being the inevitable way of the future for storage connectivity, optical drive manufacturers are already starting to tamper with the implementation of the S-ATA interface on their optical drives. The folks over at Club CD Freaks were able to get their hands on Liteon's prototype 52A8S CDRW S-ATA drive and find out what we can expect from a S-ATA based optical drive.
Our best information at this time is that this drive will not be released any time soon. It was under development for a large OEM customer of LiteOn, who decided they were not interested in the drive. So if LiteOn does release it, it will be probably sometime in 2005. LiteOn does not have any firm plans at present for any other SATA drives that we know of. As long as there are IDE ports on motherboards, there's not much demand for this drive.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Alderwood and Nocona Woes; Intel Updates @ Anandtech
- Corsair XMS3500R Kit @ DriverHeaven
- SimpleTech Nitro PC4000 1GB (512x2) Matched Pair Kit @ The Crucible
- OCZ PC4000 EL Gold 1GB Dual Channel Memory Kit @ System Cooling
- Silverstonetek TJ-04 Case @ RBMods
- Silverstone Temjin TJ03 Nimiz Case @ Virtual-Hideout
- i-Tee Case @ Enscape
- Artic Silver 5 @ RBMods