- Dual Layer Goodness
As you may or may not have heard recently, both Sony and Philips have confirmed that dual-layer 8.5GB DVD burning technology is now tested and proven, drives supporting this awesome ability are due to be released as early as late June. The folks from Anandtech explain in more detail as to how it all works, along with a few negative comments on the initial stages of media availability and costs, i'm sure that'll sort itself out sooner or later though.
DVD DL implies the definition; two layers of standard DVDR-5 are pressed together with a transparent spacer and a thin reflector between the two. The bottom layer (L0) is read and written to in exactly the same manner as DVDR-5. Reading and writing to the second layer (L1) is surprisingly simple; the laser simply focuses a fraction of a millimeter farther beyond the first recording layer - in focus with the L1. Since the laser is powerful enough, and L0 is transparent enough, L1 can be easily read.
- Creative ships new entry-level soundcards
Whilst roaming around on Digit-Life just now, i've stumbled across some information posted in regards to a couple of budget soundcard additions to Creative's line. Namely, the external Sound Blaster Digital Music LX USB and internal Ectiva 5.1 PCI. Both solutions are due to become available in stores as early as next week. More details on these two new products from Creative over at Digit-Life.
Creative Japan launched local shipments of two new inexpensive sound cards, namely the external Sound Blaster Digital Music LX USB and internal Ectiva 5.1 PCI. Both novelties are expected in local retail stores early in April. As Creative traditionally makes initial product introductions in Japan, we should expect them worldwide within a month.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- XTrac Ripper Gaming Mouse Pad @ A True Review
- Cebit 3rd and 4th day Coverage @ Hardware Hell & Hardware Analysis
- Intel 3.40GHz Processors @ MBReview
- X-micro WLAN 11g PCMCIA card @ Hardware-Pacers
- Kingston Hyper-X KHX4000K2/1G DDR Memory Kit @ ModtheBox
- Acer TravelMate 661LCi (Intel Centrino) Notebook @ Digit-Life
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions