Yesterday we wrote some news up about performance on NVIDIA GeForce GPUs being superior to that of AMD... well, we should've waited 24 hours. AMD has just dumped out a very impressive, and unexpected set of Catalyst drivers that offer huge performance gains on Ubisoft's open-world hacking game.
AMD's new Catalyst 14.6 Beta drivers offer improvements of up to 25% for Watch Dogs on Radeon R9 290X at 1920x1080 with 4x MSAA enabled, and up to 28% improvement on the same GPU at 2560x1600 with 4x MSAA enabled. When Radeon R9 290X CrossFire scaling is in play with Watch Dogs at 4K (or 3840x2160 with 4x MSAA enabled) we see 92% scaling.
There are plenty of other improvements in the drivers, with Murdered Soul Suspect seeing 16% more performance at 2560x1600 with 4x MSAA enabled, and much more. You can download the new AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta drivers for Windows here.
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- Watch Dogs Legion devs aim to push next-gen consoles to their limits
- New Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, and Watch Dogs games set for 2020-2021
- Watch Dogs is FREE right now on the Epic Games Store, get it here
- Ubisoft to launch 9 big AAA games on next-gen PS5, Project Scarlett
- Ubisoft has 5 next-gen games for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett
- > NEXT STORY: AMD's new drivers include improved Eyefinity, allows mixed resolutions
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Watch Dogs launch is riddled with issues thanks to Uplay