- 8x8x DVD-Writer OverDrive Burning Mini-shootout
If you're on the hunt for a new dual format 8x DVD burner (and understandably so due to prices plummeting in recent months), you'd be interested to know that Hardware Zone have rounded up three of them for review. Namely Pioneer's DVR-107D, LG's GSA-4082B, and TDK's AID+880N. They also take a look at pairing the right media in conjunction with overburning across each of the drives.
Being our first optical drive shootout, the 88s DVD-Writers have the honor of being featured in our inaugural optical drive mini-shootout. We took three of the commercially available drive with '88' burning capability and put them side-by-side for comparison. Besides comparing the usual write time of each drive, we'll also be testing them for Overdrive burning ability - when a drive can burn a DVD media higher than its rated write speed. At the same time, we'll make known to our readers the pairing media that allows Overdrive to take place. Let's take a look at the contestants first, shall we?
- Graphics Card Cooler Roundup
MadShrimps have been busy testing a bunch of 3rd party graphics card cooling solutions for us. They cover both active and passive solutions so there's something in here for everyone.
With modern graphic cards producing as much heat as a modest desktop processor, 3rd party graphic card coolers have changed from being an exotic piece of aluminium owned by geeks to a necessity for silent/cool computing. We tested 7 popular VGA coolers to see which one would suit your needs best, whether you are searching for silence or extra performance.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Inside the Pentium-M @ ArsTechnica
- TwinX XMS4400 DDR550 Memory @ Hard Extreme
- Kingston PC4300 Hyper-X Memory @ Club Overclocker
- DDR SDRAM Surpasses 560MHz Speed Milestone @ XBit Labs
- Gigabyte FX5700 Ultra @ Gruntville
- Samsung SyncMaster 172x LCD Monitor @ Tech-Mods
- Albatron LWX-30-AMS: Albatron's Convergence LCD TV @ Anandtech
- ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 @ FiringSquad