- A Roundup of Coolers for Pentium 4: Q4'2003
There's a decent sized roundup going over at Digital Daily between a bunch of air cooling solutions designed for the Pentium 4 platform. These cover coolers by FSP, Spire, GlacialTech, Titan, as well as Intel's stock cooler.
The emergence of first Prescott processors once again revealed that the problem of heat emission is increasingly hampering the rise of clock speeds. To put it right, the major problem is the increased of leakage currents, and the increased heat emission is the consequence of this phenomenon. However, that does not change the fact of the matter: everyone who buys computers in 2004 will face the need for effective cooling.
- Gigabyte GV-N57U128D FX 5700 Ultra
Thinking of upgrading your video card soon? nVidia's FX 5700 Ultra is a very popular card at the moment, offering excellent performance for a great price. PC Stats point this out in more detail with their review of Gigabyte's GV-N57U128D variant.
Today PCstats is evaluating the new Gigabyte GV-N57U128D GeForceFX 5700 Ultra videocard. Sporting 128MB of Samsung DDR2 BGA memory and a TV-Output, the manufacturer has also included a fairly decent software bundle here; with full versions of Will Rock, Raven Shield and even Tomb Raider: TAOD.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Corsair TwinX-1024 XMS4400 Memory @ HightekPC
- Gigabyte GN-WLBZ201 USB/802.11B Dongle @ PC Stats
- 802.16 WiMax Wireless Broadband on the Horizon @ Slash Dot
- Athenatech A106 Mini Case with LCD "Video Review" @ 3D GameMan
- Gamepad Contains Cooling System @ BBC UK
- Trust Mini USB Light @ Trust
- >> NEXT STORY: Evening Roundup for January 27, 2004
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Evening Roundup for January 26, 2004