GIVEAWAY: Sabrent Rocket Q 8TB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD worth $2000!

Teenager falls into coma after a LAN, had 135 ounces of energy drinks

After drinking an insane amount of energy drinks and 16 hours of gaming, a 14-year-old LAN gamer falls into a coma after his kidneys failing.

@anthony256
Published Mon, Mar 24 2014 1:37 AM CDT   |   Updated Sat, Aug 8 2020 10:29 AM CDT

A 14-year-old Norwegian teenager has fallen into a coma after a heavy LAN with his friends, with Henrik Eide Dahl saying: "I was playing Call of Duty, then everything went dark and I passed out."

Teenager falls into coma after a LAN, had 135 ounces of energy drinks | TweakTown.com

Dahl had been playing the first-person shooter on his school's LAN with his friends, and while taking a little break in his cafeteria, he collapsed. He was rushed to hospital where they discovered his kidneys had failed, where he slipped into a coma. Dahl had consumed an insane 135 ounces of energy drinks, which nearly cost him his life.

The gamer spent 13 days in hospital, and now requires drugs to control his high blood pressure. One of the doctors who treated him, Anne Kathrine Duns, said: "It was severely life-threatening. The central nervous system, cardiovascular system, lungs and kidneys were affected." The doctors couldn't pinpoint the reason as to why his kidneys failed, as he had no previous medical conditions, but they said "for not we are attributing this to the consumption of large amounts of energy drink."

NEWS SOURCE:kotaku.com

Anthony is a long time PC enthusiast with a passion of hate for games built around consoles. FPS gaming since the pre-Quake days, where you were insulted if you used a mouse to aim, he has been addicted to gaming and hardware ever since. Working in IT retail for 10 years gave him great experience with custom-built PCs. His addiction to GPU tech is unwavering.

Related Tags

Newsletter Subscription
Latest News
View More News
Latest Reviews
View More Reviews
Latest Articles
View More Articles