Longtime watch maker Casio announced a new sports watch using Bluetooth 4.0 technology so owners can check personal fitness data wirelessly - and control a smartphone's music player directly from the watch. The STB-1000 includes Apple iPhone compatibility, Bluetooth 4.0, and third-party iOS fitness apps, such as Wahoo Fitness and Abvio Runmeter.
"This is an ideal sports watch for countless recreational runners who exercise with their iPhones," said Shigenori Itoh, Casio America CEO, in a statement. "In addition to the compatibility with several apps, it has a battery life up to two years and a versatile, water-proof design that makes it easy to use and wear before, during and after any workout."
The watch will run for around two years with a single battery, and doesn't require frequent recharging like many sport watch and GPS units.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Stadia's mobile streaming will be pretty awkward at launch
- Blizzard bans forum members for 1000 years over discussing Hong Kong
- Intel multi-GPU tech: if done right, could hurt AMD and NVIDIA
- Amazon slash 30% off one of the best portable speakers you can buy
- Analyst: $500 Xbox Series X will take wind out of Microsoft's sails
- > NEXT STORY: Google Android to top 1 billion in 2014, as industry recovers
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Scosche wants people to be active, using its new fitness wearable