There are a bunch of people who have fallen for a pretty serious prank that is spreading itself throughout forums and social networking sites, that is bricking their Xbox One consoles. The picture below is what people are doing - but this is a prank, do not follow these steps!
Gamers, in the hope of adding backwards compatibility to their next-gen Xbox One consoles, are trying to enable dev kit mode, which is bricking some Xbox One consoles. Larry "Major Nelson" Hyrb took to Twitter, where he said "to be clear there is no way to make your Xbox One backwards compatible & performing steps to attempt this could make your console inoperable."
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Xbox Series X may enhance Xbox 360, OG Xbox games too
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Xbox Series X natively upgrades current-gen games to native 4K
- > NEXT STORY: Play.com owner says Wii U will outsell the Xbox One, PS4 over XMAS
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Google to launch Android-powered set-top box next year, as 'Nexus TV'