The SuperNova 1000w and the SuperNova 1300w power supply units from EVGA have been discovered to have some issues. EVGA has found that some of the units have a lacking amount of insulation on the thermal pad located next to a heat sink.
This issue can cause the power supply unit to shut down or even be unable to power on. The problem is has only been found in the Supernova 1000w and 1300w models bought previous to October 1st, 2013. EVGA will be swapping out all the models with this problem and they will even give you a free EVGA T-shirt for you having to go through the trouble of swapping out your power supply. You can check to see if you have an affected model with your serial number Here.
- EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Power Supply (120-G2-1000-XR)
- EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Power Supply (220-P2-1000-XR)
- EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Power Supply (120-G2-1300-XR)
- > NEXT STORY: European PS4 owners should have their firmware updates now
- < PREVIOUS STORY: There is untapped potential in the Xbox One because of yield issues