Flash Memory Summit 2013 - Yesterday, our own Paul Alcorn got to sit down with Joel Hagberg, the VP of Marketing at Toshiba. Hagberg started the conversation by cluing us in on the Storage Products Association, a new committee that was formed by Toshiba, HGST, Seagate and Western Digital.
He went on to discuss SSHD drives and how they benefit the consumer storage market. He mentions that the hybrid designs feature advance algorithms that pick and choose what data is loaded on the NAND and what will be streamed from the hard disk.
He wrapped up the interview buy discussing the NGFF form factor that has now been officially named M.2.
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Xbox Series X SSD: DRAM-less PCIe 4.0 NVMe with up to 3.7GB/sec speeds
- Xbox Series X SSDs may use Phison flash controllers
- Toshiba's new PC algorithm is 10x faster than laser quantum computers
- Qualcomm kicked off development on Snapdragon 865 in 2016
- > NEXT STORY: Flash Memory Summit 2013 - Seagate's David Burkes on SSD hybrid tech
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Flash Memory Summit 2013 - Interview with Marvell's Iri Trashanski