One HTC One X owner had a very bad day when his HTC One X smartphone spontaneously combusted and burst into flames during a charging session. The aftermath was spotted on Facebook by website VR-Zone. The fiery event took place in Taiwan .
When the phone's owner took it into a local Far Eastern Tone office--a Taiwanese telco--to attempt to obtain a replacement phone, they insisted on a $21 USD inspection fee. Battery issues have plagued the HTC One X with many users reporting that the phone's battery swells up over time, something that is a clear indication of the lithium polymer cells degrading. HTC says that it is actively investigating the situation.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- This gamma-ray burst emitted more energy than the Sun's 10b year life
- Taiwan rejects Huawei on 5G rollout: Chunghwa Telecom chooses Nokia
- HTC launching 3 new VR headsets, just in time for Half-Life: Alyx
- Deep space radio bursts detected, 16-day pattern breaks all answers
- The Order 1886 sequel rumor: graphics are truly next-gen
- > NEXT STORY: LSI SandForce announces enhanced SSD capacity with DVC
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Coinbase begins allowing users to send, buy, or sell Bitcoins via SMS