We know that Microsoft had a huge $900 million write down on their Surface RT slate, but how have the sales been going on the higher-end Surface Pro? Well, over the weekend Microsoft took $100 off both the 64GB and 128GB models.
This means the price has been reduced to $799 and $899 for the 64GB and 128GB models, respectively. The discounted price on the Surface Pro will only last until August 29, where I'm sure Microsoft are hoping sale numbers will spike, upwards. A Microsoft spokesperson told Engadget: "We've been seeing great worldwide success with Surface RT pricing and keyboard-cover promotions over the past several months and our proud to offer Surface Pro at more affordable prices starting today."
The spokesperson continued: "People who buy Surface love Surface, and we're eager for more people to their hands on Surface and share their excitement." It's not a huge price cut, but it's something that will drag consumers' attention to it, that's for sure.
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- Save up to $850 on Best Buy's range of Apple products, sales live now
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more
- > NEXT STORY: HTC One Max headed for Chinese market with a 5.9-inch screen
- < PREVIOUS STORY: RumorTT: Next-gen Forza is being developed by Playground Games