Google Glass has been mostly kept in the shadows for now, with developer signups at Google I/O, and a social media contest the only way of a mere mortal getting their hands on Google's wearable tech.
But it looks like this is changing, with Google+ going nuts with reports that Glass Explorers are receiving e-mails from Google, allowing them to invite a friend to grab Google Glass if they join the program. Did your eye just flinch with anticipation? There are some requirements, though. You have to be a US resident, at least 18 years old, and be capable of picking up your hardware in San Francisco, New York or Los Angeles.
Google told Engadget that a "small subset of Explorers" have received the invite-a-friend e-mail, in hopes of expanding their program. Google went further, asking five film schools to help find out how Glass can be used for everything from character development to production. The five film schools are:
- The American Film Institute
- California Institute of the Arts
- Rhode Island School of Design
- UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television
- University of Southern California
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:38 am CDT
- > NEXT STORY: Take-Two posts $143 million net revenue for Q1, GTA V will help soon
- < PREVIOUS STORY: X-Men: Days of Future Past viral trailer goes live, Sentinels appear