AMD are continuing on with their APUs, having named a successor to their not-even-released 'Kaveri' APU expected in 2015. Kaveri is their Steamroller-based x86 CPU with a GCN-based GPU and HUMA memory architecture, and won't see the light of day until the second half of 2014.
But, AMD have named its successor already, which will be known as Carizo. Carizo will arrive in 2015, and will feature even more improvements on the unreleased Kaveri APU. Carizo will probably feature AMD's upcoming Excavator CPU core and hopefully an even better rack of GCN GPU cores. We should expect the memory architecture to receive an injection of speed improvements, too.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X 12 TFLOP GPU confirmed, 4x Xbox One CPU and 8x GPU power
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- Xbox Series X's new Quick Resume function is revolutionary
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices
- > NEXT STORY: Google, Apple and others will be targeted in a huge crackdown on tax dodging
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Over 1.5 million Android devices are activated each day, Google Play Store passes 50 billion downloads, too