During the E3 Expo, Microsoft announced a new Halo game that would be released on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 devices. Dubbed Halo: Spartan Assault, the game is set sometime in between the Halo 3 and Halo 4 timelines and features playable characters Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis. The game is a top-down shooter that has been exclusively designed for touch-enabled devices, and Microsoft says it will appeal to hard-core gamers as well as Halo noobs.
From the Halo: Spartan Assault Website:
This new chapter lets you experience the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and dives deeper into the backstory of Human-Covenant wars. Play through the eyes of Commander Sarah Palmer and Spartan Davis stationed aboard the UNSC Infinity as they fight never-before-seen battles against Covenant forces.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Halo: MCC update is 306MB on Steam for PC gamers, 60GB on Xbox One
- Halo 6 is fine, 343i says don't worry about development
- Halo: Infinite esports announced before actual gameplay reveal
- Halo: Infinite to have weapon skins that're likely monetized
- Halo 1 is up on Steam for $9.99, includes 4K and uncapped FPS
- > NEXT STORY: Apple releases software update for Macbook Air to fix issues with Wi-Fi
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Evernote rolls out update to iOS app, now includes shortcuts, related notes, and Skitch