Earlier today, I reported about a press event being held by Google next week. Early on, the speculation seemed to center around Android 4.3 being released and while that still may be possible, recently obtained documents by Engadget suggest that the next-generation Nexus 7 will be unveiled at the event. Engadget says they have obtained official documents from OfficeMax that include a new item number.
The documents state that the refreshed Nexus 7 could arrive in stores as early as June 20 but with the Google event happening on the 24, we highly doubt that. It appears that the 16GB Nexus 7 will not be retired as OfficeMax plans to sell the devices side-by-side. Android Central has published what it claims to be pricing for both devices. The 16GB model will sell for $229 while the 32GB model will retail for $269.
This puts the next-generation Nexus 7 series at a higher price point than the original model that still retails for $199 in the Google Play store. With so many sub-$200 7-inch Android tablets being released, it leaves us to wonder if the next-generation Nexus 7 can remain the powerhouse it has been for the last two years.
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- > NEXT STORY: 19-year-old spends a year of his life building a Skyrim mod, the results are breathtaking
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Logitech introduces new Z600 Bluetooth stereo speakers