It looks like the smartphone camera megapixel wars could be heating up with a Japanese contender, Sony. New leaked images have arrived online from the upcoming Xperia i1 smartphone.
The smartphone is currently known under its development name of 'Honami' and features a huge 20.7-megapixel ExmorRS camera sensor that is powered by Sony's Bionz image processing technology. The Xperia i1 will reportedly feature Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 SoC - a 2.2GHz quad-core processor, and a 5-inch 1080p display.
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- Sony's PS5 talk wasn't enough--for next-gen, seeing is believing
- Sony isn't 100% sure COVID-19 won't delay PlayStation 5 and new games
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020
- Game devs: Xbox Series X isn't significantly more powerful than PS5
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- > NEXT STORY: Apple TV dominates the streaming media device market
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Jellygrade, a new indie gaming studio made up of now former EA Maxis employees