Foursquare has just stepped up their monetization efforts in an attempt to profit from the actions of its 35+ million users. Beginning today, those who use the service to check in at any location will instantly be served up a targeted ad that may benefit brands sold at the location they are at.
One of the first advertisers to test out this new feature on Foursquare is Captain Morgan, a brand of rum from Diageo. The brand is using Foursquare to suggest a Captain Morgan cocktail to people immediately after they check in at bars, nightclubs, restaurants, or other places where liquor is sold. On the other side of the scale, Toys "R" Us has also been using the service to show coupons to select users who check into kid friendly areas such as parks, pools, and fun zones.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Spotify won't be splicing your music with political ads in 2020
- Panasonic reveals world's first Ultra HD VR glasses with HDR support
- Facebook will ban any fake coronavirus ads under new anti-fear policy
- Microsoft patent: mine crypto with your body while watching ads
- Here's a bunch of technology-related ads from this years Super Bowl
- > NEXT STORY: The iPhone is about to outnumber the iPod in lifetime sales numbers
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Ubisoft releases new Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag trailer, includes 100% more naval battles