James Bond is a huge franchise, we all know that, but just how big could the Splinter Cell franchise be when it makes a stealth move onto the silver screen? Well, according to Splinter Cell: Blacklist's Creative Director, Maxine Beland, she'd like it to be "as big as James Bond."
During an interview with GamesRadar, Beland said: "I really want Splinter Cell to have an amazing movie franchise and to be as big as James Bond. There are some great Bond movies, and they're obviously a big point of reference for us. At the same time, I'm so hungry for a good Splinter Cell movie. I know we're developing one now, and that people are responding to it."
We are to expect a Splinter Cell movie in the near future starring Tom Hardy of Inception and The Dark Knight Rises fame.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Next-gen Splinter Cell game could be revealed at The Game Awards 2019
- Did Ubisoft tease a new Splinter Cell game?
- Don't worry, James Bond will NEVER be a woman says Bond producer
- Splinter Cell creative director returns to Ubisoft to shape new games
- Steam's Black Friday sale is almost too good to be true
- > NEXT STORY: Dell begins shipping their Haswell-based, refreshed XPS 12 Ultrabook/tablet
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Valve announces 'Pipeline', will help high school students break into the video game industry