If you happen to be one of the thousands of people who just happen to have an unused iPad 2 or iPad 3 just laying around collecting dust, then Best Buy just may be the place you need to visit this weekend. The retail giant is holding a trade-in event beginning today and ending when the stores close tomorrow night.
Best Buy is offering up to $250 on a gift card depending on the model and condition of the iPad. So obviously newer, less used models with the most storage will land you the full $250 trade-in, while lesser, more worn models will gain you a smaller trade-in reward. Best Buy says that it will be recycling all models traded in and will not sell the device for profit. I find this hard to believe as if they were truly headed for the recycling center to be dismantled, normal wear and tear would not matter much. I suspect that these tablets will be reconditioned and sold to retailers in emerging markets around the world.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Save up to $850 on Best Buy's range of Apple products, sales live now
- Best Buy Black Friday deals start now - here are our top tech picks
- Project Scarlett trade-in program announced, but there's a big catch
- Modern Warfare reboot beats Black Ops 3 and 4's opening sales
- Adobe could possibly be revealing Illustrator for Apple's iPad in 2019
- > NEXT STORY: Nokia introduces official Camera Grip Case for 41-megapixel Lumia 1020
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Snowden to file for asylum in Russia, then head to Latin America