Until today, the most popular live radio streaming app was only available on iOS and Android devices, fortunately that ends today. Microsoft announced today that iHeartRadio has finally landed on Windows Phone 8 and is available for immediate download through its app store.
For those unfamiliar with the app, iHeartRadio allows users to tune in to more than 1500 live radio stations across the United States. Additionally users can create commercial free, custom stations from a pool of more than 15 million songs and 400,000 artists.
To celebrate the launch the folks over at iHeartRadio are giving away a bunch of Nokia Lumia 920 smartphones, so check out Source #2 to find out how to win one for yourself. The new Windows Phone 8 app brings forth several other unique features which I have listed below.
- Recommend stations - Find the soundtrack for studying, driving-even cleaning house.
- Sleep Timer - Doze off to your favorite station.
- Lock screen album art - Displays album art on the lock screen
- Bookmarking - Pin favorite stations to your Start screen.
- Universal search - Now you can search across the app.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:37 am CDT
- > NEXT STORY: Russian ISP giant Mail.ru drops Google in favor of it's own search engine
- < PREVIOUS STORY: RumorTT: Next-generation iPhone to support LTE Advanced if carrier is correct