Microsoft has been exceedingly good about providing monthly updates to the Surface tablets ever since their respective launches. This month's update will bring improvements to the Surface Type Cover and Touch Cover via a software update. "Surface is great and only getting better," Microsoft's Brian Hall wrote.
The updates will come next week as part of June's monthly updates for the Surface tablets. The changes are rather minimal, but still important as it shows Microsoft's dedication to the Surface line of tablets. Microsoft is adding the ability to toggle the functionality of the top row of keys between their primary and secondary uses. Users currently have to hold down the Fn key to access the secondary function. To toggle between users, simply press Fn + Caps.
Microsoft is also adding a few extra commands to the keyboard, which are below in bullet form:
- Fn + "spacebar": Print Screen
- Fn + "spacebar" + Alt: Print Screen for the in-focus window only
- Fn + Del: Brightness Up
- Fn + Backspace: Brightness Down
- Fn + "left": Home
- Fn + "right": End
- Fn + "up": Page Up
- Fn + "down": Page Down
- >> NEXT STORY: AMD willing to create custom chips for Android, Chrome OS
- << PREVIOUS STORY: ReportTT: Apple will sell audio ads for rumored iRadio service