YouTube has rolled out the new YouTube "One Channel" design to all users. The new design is meant to unify the layout across desktop, TV, and mobile. It features cover photos and trailers, but comes with many more advantages according to Google.
The One Channel design originally launched back in February, but as a limited trial. In March, YouTube allowed channel users to make the switch if they wanted to check out the new design for themselves. Back in May, YouTube announced that everyone would be switched over to the new design today. Google says the following are advantages of the new layout:
- Gain more subscribers. Google says it has seen an increase in new subscribers for channels already using the new design.
- Get more channel visits. Channels with the One Channel design have seen a significant increase in visits to their channel page because clicks from the guide always go directly to the channel, again according to Google.
- Let your brand shine through in more places. With the One Channel design, you now have channel art visible on iOS & Android apps, mobile web and TV.
- > NEXT STORY: Amazon launches new store front for independent game developers
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Microsoft teases new Xbox One games in E3 trailer