If worrying about the Xbox One watching, listening and feeling every movement of your body - with the German government even worried about it - then there's something else to worry about: the Xbox One will be region locked.
In a world of digital media, I don't see why the Xbox One should be region locked, but it will be according to a Microsoft representative who confirmed the news with Digital Trends. The Microsoft rep said: "Similar to the movie and music industry, games must meet country-specific regulatory guidelines before they are cleared for sale. We will continue to work with our partners to follow these guidelines with Xbox One".
I'm disappointed with this region locking news, as it means here in Australia I can be charged $100 for a game that is sold elsewhere in the world for $30. Microsoft, just what are you thinking?
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- Xbox Series X 4K 60FPS made possible by Zen 2 CPU, says 3D Realms dev
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- > NEXT STORY: It's not just the German government, but now the Civil Liberties Australia privacy group is concerned over the Xbox One
- < PREVIOUS STORY: First Battlefield 4 multiplayer footage to be unveiled on June 10