Facebook has updated its iOS app with new sharing and saving options in the photo viewer. Most likely looking to drive more sharing of photos, and thus engagement, the new version of the app makes it much easier to share pictures on a user's Timeline, save the picture to a user's Camera Roll, or set the picture as a profile picture.
- Photo viewer button lets you save, share or make profile picture
- Improved places editing when checking in on iPhone
- Events load faster on iPhone
The previous iOS app only allowed users to like, comment, or tag a picture. Facebook's continued push for a mobile-first approach has been resulting in increasingly better apps that have most of the features present on the desktop. This means users should soon no longer need to use the website.
- >> NEXT STORY: RumorTT: More possible specifications leak out for the Galaxy S4 Mini
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Amazon debuts Cloud Player desktop app, Mac version in the works