Things aren't looking so great for Activision Blizzard. The company revealed today that World of Warcraft saw its subscriber base decline by 1.3 million over the past three months. For the period from January to March, the World of Warcraft subscriber count dropped from 9.6 million to 8.3 million.
CEO Bobby Kotick:
Though the majority of our subscriber decline occurred mainly in the East, where we have more subscribers and lower revenue per subscriber, we saw declines in the West as well. We believe in the long-term value of this franchise and will continue to commit substantial resources to World of Warcraft.
Activision Blizzard reported net revenues of $1.32 billion and earnings-per-share of $0.40. These beat their guidance of $1.16 billion and EPS of $0.29.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:35 am CDT
- Blizzard now refunds Warcraft 3: Reforged regardless of play time
- Warcraft III: Reforged multiplayer beta begins this week, invites sent
- Blizzard apologizes for Warcraft 3: Reforged, pledges to fix game
- Blizzard, please don't remaster Diablo II...just leave it be
- Warcraft 3 Reforged betrays its legacy fans
- > NEXT STORY: iOS 7 shows up in website logs, suggests Apple is testing out the new mobile OS ahead of WWDC
- < PREVIOUS STORY: More pictures of the Huawei P6-U06 show up online