News on the BlackBerry 10 front has been a little slow as of late, but this morning we are learning that Skype has finally made it into the company's app store. This is a pretty big deal considering how much Skype on BB10 was talked up at the launch, yet it has taken four months to appear.
BlackBerry Z10 owners should not get excited, though. The popular messaging and video chat service is only compatible with the Q10, which runs the latest version of BB10. This means that while the Skype is technically available on BB10, no one in the US, UK or Canada can use it at the moment.
BlackBerry says that Skype support for the Z10 is coming, but we will not see any progress made until the Q10 goes on sale. The Q10 is expected to hit the UK on April 29th with Canada following on May 1st, and a US launch in late May.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- So, BlackBerry has teamed with Damon Motorcycles for EV superbike
- Definitive phone addiction facts, symptoms, statistics and solutions
- Coronavirus is on your phone, here's how you can clean it properly
- LG foldable smartphone patent could beat Galaxy Fold, Mate X foldables
- CD Projekt RED has no reason to sell to Microsoft
- > NEXT STORY: New Apple patents depicts iPhone remote unlocker, remote engine starting, and parking locator for automobiles
- < PREVIOUS STORY: More EA asset closures on the horizon, EA Partners to be shut down