Code found in the Google Glass companion app seems to indicate that Google will be allowing Glass users to take pictures by simply winking. Of course, with this comes numerous different issues. For instance, it'd be nearly impossible for people to tell that someone was taking a picture, which is already a problem with the advent of cell phones.
The problem of unwanted photographs in already such a problem in South Korea that cell phone manufacturers are required to program cameras to make a shutter sound that can't be disabled by users. At the same time, hands free functionality such as this would be beautiful for taking pictures while doing things with your hands.
What are your thoughts on the possibility of taking pictures by winking? Should Google be required to have Glass make a shutter sound?
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Microsoft teases new glass-based storage with 1978's Superman on it
- Google is cutting off support to Google Glass Explorer Edition
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- Activision hires Google ecommerce, transaction pro as new president
- Check out this PC built in a glass pyramid
- > NEXT STORY: RumorTT: Gran Turismo 6 to be released this year, possible PS4 launch title?
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Amazon Kindle Fire tablets get access to Xbox SmartGlass app