It has been an awesome year so far for Apple if you only look at their sales numbers, but if you take a step back and let the entire picture come into focus, you will see that things are not looking so good for the once largest company in the world.
This year we have already seen Apple's stock drop below $400 from a record high of over $700, a difference of 44-percent. While Apple is expected to post its strongest second quarter sales in its history, the company will report its first decline in profits in over ten years.
Analyst are forecasting iPhone sales of around 35 million units during the first quarter of 2013 with iPad sales in the 17 million range. Mac sales are hovering around four million units. Apple is expected to report that the gross margin on these products to be around 47.4-percent, which is much higher than the expected 37.5-percent the company was hoping for.
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- Nintendo made $1.23 billion in profit over holiday 2019 quarter
- Nintendo Switch sales break 41 million, hardware rakes in $1.9 billion
- Non-profit .org domain has been sold, price caps taken away
- Gamestop's Q3 net loss is dramatically lower than last year's
- Switch hits 15 million sales in North America, or 40% of global sales
- > NEXT STORY: LeakedTT: Specifications surface on NVIDIA's GeForce GTX Titan LE and Titan II video cards
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Microsoft to resurrect the Windows Start button in Windows 8.1