Sony have just announced their 55- and 65-inch 4K-capable TVs, which will be made available as of April 21. The two new sets are the XBR-55X900A and XBR-65X900A and will sell for $4,999 and $6,999 respectively.
Sony's new 4K-capable LED TVs sport passive 3D, an edge-lit display, and built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. Sony had hoped to have reached a "more accessible price range" with their line of TVs, and it seems they have hit that point. Considering I paid just $1000 less for my Samsung 55-inch 1080p-capable TV, this is quite a heartbreak for me.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:35 am CDT
- Sony's PS5 talk wasn't enough--for next-gen, seeing is believing
- PlayStation 5's rumored heat issues should be solved in final console
- Sony isn't 100% sure COVID-19 won't delay PlayStation 5 and new games
- A $399 PlayStation 5 will conquer next-gen
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- > NEXT STORY: Intel's Haswell CPU begins shipping to PC makers
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Samsung could see some Galaxy-branded products slapped with US sales ban