Facebook have received permission from the authorities of Menlo Park to build a second campus which will be designed by Frank Gehry. The second campus will be built near the current Facebook campus, on a new 22-acre site west of Bayfront Expressway in California.
The new campus will have a rooftop park and an underground tunnel to connect to two Facebook campuses together, which is part of its design. The 433,555-square-foot location was originally set to have parts of the building "flaring out like butterfly wings," but these plans were dropped because they were "too flashy."
Facebook's second campus will have an average height of 45 feet, topping out at 73 feet in some parts, but it will be mostly hidden away by landscaping in order to keep Facebook's management's request for a low-key building.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Orlando's Super Nintendo World theme park won't be ready until 2023
- Here's how to enable dark mode on Facebook desktop
- You cannot use Messenger without signing up for a Facebook account
- Facebook working on OS from scratch, wants to break up with Android
- GIVEAWAY: SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5600 XT 6G GDDR6 Video Card
- > NEXT STORY: LeakedTT: Battlefield 4 release date confirmed, will go on sale in October
- < PREVIOUS STORY: United States Patent & Trademark Office rejects Apple's trademark on the iPad mini