Amazon has managed to keep Downton Abbey away from its competitors Hulu and Netflix by signing the show exclusively for their Amazon Prime streaming service. Downton Abbey is the wildly popular show that can be seen on PBS in the United States. The agreement also maintains exclusivity for season 4 and 5, if the latter is produced.
"The series is consistently in our top most watched TV shows each week, making it the most popular TV series with Prime Instant Video customers, ever," Brad Beale, Amazon's director of digital video content acquisition, said in a press release.
Season 1 and 2 is available for streaming currently, and you can watch season 3, even though some episodes have aired in the US yet, if you buy Amazon's TV pass for $9.45.
Last updated: Nov 29, 2019 at 03:31 pm CST
- Here's Amazon's best last-minute gaming gift deals - up to 59% off
- Amazon's best Cyber Monday deals for PC & console gaming
- Amazon's ambitious plan to conquer digital gaming may actually work
- Amazon's plan to conquer game streaming in 2020
- Amazon 12 Days of Deals: Canon camera prices slashed, save up to 47%
- > NEXT STORY: 'House of Cards' now available on Netflix, first episode available to all
- < PREVIOUS STORY: iOS 6/6.1 jailbreak enters private beta testing stage, not much longer before it's released