Nikon may have outdone themselves this time, the new AF-S Nikkor 800mm f/5.6 E FL ED VR was just released and it can only be described as "massive." The new lens measures in at 6.3 x 18.2 inches and weighs a whopping 10 lbs.
This is not just any old run of the mill Nikkor lens, though. The 800mm packs several new technologies and is the first in the Nikkor line to receive features like electromagnetic diaphragm control and fluorite lens elements. It also features existing technology such as nano crystal coating and vibration reduction.
The new lens features a total of 20 elements that are organized into 13 groups, with two of them being fluorite and two composing of ED glass. The lens comes with an included AF-S 1.25x teleconverter, effectively extending its focal length to 1000mm on FX format cameras or 1500mm on DX format cameras. The Nikkor 800mm f5.6 carries a whopping MSRP of $17,899.95 and will hit shelves in April.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Best Buy's top holiday deals - save up to $600 on SSDs and cameras
- Bulky headsets to be skipped for grain of sand-sized AR contact lenses
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy Note 10 Lite smartphones
- Next Super Smash Bros. game isn't planned yet, will be on next console
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- > NEXT STORY: Microsoft is pushing cloud subscriptions with today's Office 2013 launch
- < PREVIOUS STORY: First detailed map of North Korea released by Google, still needs work