Belkin have just announced that they have plans to acquire's Cisco's Home Networking Business Unit, which includes all of its products, technology, employees and even Linksys. Belkin have said that they will maintain the Linksys brand and will continue to offer support for Linksys products.
Support will include honoring warranty for all valid products under the Linksys umbrella, as well as future products. Once the deal is closed, Belkin will account for around 30% of the US retail home and small business networking market. It has worked out well for Cisco, who was looking to exit the consumer space and Belkin who are looking to juice up their presence in the consumer space scooping up Linksys and various other parts of Cisco's business will only help them achieve their goals.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Wi-Fi, not cameras, will stop pesky home invaders and here is how
- The Division 2 will be Google Stadia's first crossplay-enabled game
- Pokemon Home costs $16 a year, but there's a free version too
- Ubisoft: The Division 2 is meaningfully profitable
- PlayStation game demos are coming back with Sony's ambitious new plan
- > NEXT STORY: Kim Dotcom wants to encrypt half of the Internet, would like to keep it away from government surveillance
- < PREVIOUS STORY: J.J. Abrams to direct Star Wars: Episode VII