Shipping estimates for Apple's new 21.5-inch iMac have slipped from previous estimates. Since their introduction, the 21.5-inch model has seen estimated shipping dates of 7-10 days. However, in many European countries, those shipping estimates have slipped to 2-3 weeks.
These shipping delays could be attributed to either an increased demand or trouble with the supply line. An educated guess would put the constraints on the supply side, as demand should be lower now that we have gone through the Christmas season. Estimates for the 27-inch iMac model remain at 3-4 weeks.
Apple has warned that supply could be constrained due to the new lamination process used on the screens. This new process is designed to reduce glare and allow the screen and overall system to be slimmer.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- US box office: worst in 25 years, since the release of Outbreak
- Coronavirus vaccine to begin human testing sooner than you think
- Apple could acquire Disney because of coronavirus COVID-19
- Uncharted Movie has no director, but filming will begin anyway
- Activision made $3.36 billion from microtransactions in 2019
- > NEXT STORY: THQ's bankruptcy proves good for gamers, get 19 games for just $25
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Atari files for bankruptcy in US, selling off logo, assets