Is there ever a good time to pickup a burner? There always seems to be a faster one on the horizon. While CD-speeds may have ceased to increase due to CDs explosing at those high speeds, there's still plenty of room to improve in the DVD-arena, and that's what Mitsubishi has done.
MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC CORP. has developed a more powerful semiconductor laser that should pave the way for 16X DVD writers to be commercially available from 2004.More information @ InfoWorld
The new laser is able to deliver pulses of light at a power of 200 milliwatts, which is double that of lasers used in today's 4X DVD writer drives, the Tokyo company said this week.
Last updated: Mar 9, 2015 at 05:58 am CDT
- How to Copy A DVD for Safe DVD Storage and Free Movie Playback
- Xbox Series X 12 TFLOP GPU confirmed, 4x Xbox One CPU and 8x GPU power
- No, Xbox Series X won't run Steam or the Epic Store
- Toshiba's new PC algorithm is 10x faster than laser quantum computers
- Xbox Series X SSD is revolutionary, changes Xbox gaming forever