Foremay, an OEM SSD manufacturer, has released the world's first 2TB SSD drives with a standard 2.5" SATA interface. Both new models seem to only be available for OEM and industrial applications though at this stage.
Foremay is offering the SC199 (for mission-critical applications) and TC166 (for terminal computing) product families in either commercial or industrial grades to suit end-user's specific applications. Features include Advanced Power Management, Advanced Error Correction, Military Secure Erase, and hardware based encryption.
"By leveraging Foremay's patent pending technologies, we are proud to deliver the world's first 2 TB SSD in standard 2.5" SATA form factor," said Jack Winters , Foremay's CTO and co-founder. "We hope our high reliability 2 TB SSD drives can help create more design freedom and storage space for both mission-critical and enterprise applications."
Last updated: Nov 23, 2014 at 12:00 am CST
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Only PlayStation 5 next-gen exclusives will tap SSD's full potential
- PlayStation 5's first external SSD possibly teased
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- > NEXT STORY: Archos GamePad should launch in February, Android gaming inbound
- < PREVIOUS STORY: SpaceTT: Astronomers discover largest objects in known universe