ATI yesterday released its new WHQL certified and non-certified (for reasons unbeknown to us) DirectX 9 Catalyst 0.30 drivers for its Radeon 9700 and 9500 series of graphics cards. Apart from including a range of various fixes, this new driver set is supposed to increase performance for a lot of games.
- A performance improvement of up to 35% at high resolutions is noticed in the game Jedi Knight. This performance improvement is noticed across all ATI RADEON products.More information @ ATI
- The RADEON 9000 PRO experiences a performance improvement of 2% to 4% in the game Return to Castle Wolfenstein
- The RADEON 8500 experiences a performance improvement of 6% in the game Return to Castle Wolfenstein
- >> NEXT STORY: Windows 2000 SP4 @ Tech Connect
- << PREVIOUS STORY: nVidia host new CG game demo, Gun Metal