CES 2013 - Mushkin have just stepped up to the enterprise class SSD game with the launch of their new ProSpec range of SSDs. The ProSpec SSDs sport a random read/write performance of 80K/42K IOPS with a sustained data transfer rate of 560MB/sec.
The new ProSpec drives will arrive in capacities of between 100GB and 400GB. The new drives sport commercial MLC flash which pump up to 10x the write endurance levels while delivering no performance drop over the life of the drive, which makes it a great candidate for any enterprise environment. Mushkin's new ProSpec drives also provide enhanced power-loss data protection through hardware- and firmware-based features that prepare the drive in case of an unexpected drop or loss in power.
Full specs on the new Mushkin ProSpec SSDs:
- SandForce SF-2582 SSD processor
- Enterprise MLC flash (eMLC) equipped
- SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s) interface (backwards compatible with SATA 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s)
- 128-bit AES hardware encryption
- TRIM support (OS/driver support required)
- S.M.A.R.T. support
- Garbage Collection
- Wear leveling
- User-upgradeable firmware
- RoHS, FCC, CE
- 3-year limited warranty
- > NEXT STORY: RumorTT: Leaked next-generation Xbox specs
- < PREVIOUS STORY: New images of Valve's Steam Box, appears that partners will bring box to market as well as Valve