Both Zynga and EA are in the midst of cost cutting efforts and Facebook games are the first to take the hit. Zynga has either marked or already shut down 24 games with more cuts coming.
EA has reportedly marked several of its popular app style games for end of life as well. The hard truth is that people are just not playing them anymore. Everyone is gaming on their mobile devices and not using facebook as their gaming console anymore.
Zynga is even planning on shutting down its most popular game, PetVille, which still attracts over a million users each month. That is about 60,000 users daily. This leaves us wondering where the next big gaming boom will take place.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Here's how to enable dark mode on Facebook desktop
- You cannot use Messenger without signing up for a Facebook account
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- > NEXT STORY: 75% of the worlds leaders use Twitter
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Google and Kia partnership will bring Google Maps and Places to new cars this year