I noticed over at The DDR Zone that VIA Technologies are offering a donation of US$100 million to the victims of the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington. This was offered by CEO Wen Chi Chen, having meet this gentleman I can understand why he is doing this, very kind. it's interesting to note that Microsoft are only donating US$10 million.
A Taiwan high-tech firm offered yesterday to donate US$100 million to the US following the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington.
VIA Technologies Inc («Â²±¹q¤l), the world's second-largest microchip designer, said it is waiting for response from the US so that it can know how to make the donation.
"The donation can be in cash or in relief materials. We are saddened by the disaster so we want to do something," VIA General Manager Chen Wen-chi (³¯¤åµa) said.
VIA is locked in a legal dispute with Intel Corp, the world's largest chip maker.
Last updated: Mar 9, 2015 at 05:52 am CDT
- All revenue for the next 24 hours will go to the Koala Bushfire Fund!
- Apple has a big donation headed toward healthcare workers in EU and US
- Nintendo donates 9,500 N95 face masks to combat coronavirus
- Call of Duty Mobile downloaded over 100 million times already
- Nintendo Switch lifetime sales could hit 100M, boosted by Black Friday