If you have any sort of modding ability, this might be the time to stand up and pit yourself against the competition across the world. Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) have just announced that they're teaming up with Thermaltake, G.Skill and a bunch of media partners to bring you the first ever worldwide Modmen PC modding competition.
The competition started on October 11, 2012, where ECS are on the hunt for the Modmen of the year. The best bit? The Grand Prize will become a Taiwan millionaire with the prize pool of NT$1,000,000 - roughly USD$33,333.
There are two stages of the competition, with the first beginning online. The top 10 case modders will be determined from a combination of online votes and ECS' own modding judges. Whoever gets donned with the most votes, wins $1,000. From there, the top 5 PC modders qualifying for the second stage of the competition will be flown to Taiwan, put up in accommodation, and will compete at Computex 2013 for a chance of the Grand Prize - the NT$1 million, or USD$33,333. This is on top of the cash and prizes in between.
During the competition itself, the top five modders will show off their mods at ECS' booth, with a panel of accredited judges and the audience will determine the grand prize winner. Modders placed 6-10th place will also win prizes thanks to sponsors Thermaltake and G.Skill. Here's how the stages and prizes are broken down:
- Top 5 modders will receive:US $1,000, Thermaltake (1) Armor Revo Gene case, (1) SMART 750W PSU,
- (1) Frio Advanced cooler, (1) SHOCK White or Black headset and G.skill(1) set of TridentX(4x4GB)
- RAM, (1) Phoenix III SSD
Top 6-10 modders will receive:
- Thermaltake(1) New Soprano Snow Edition case, (1) SMART 750W PSU, (1) Frio Advanced cooler,
- G.skill(1) Set of RipjawsX (4x4GB)RAM, (1) Phoenix III SSD
Additionally, the modder with most votes during the online voting stage will receive US$1,000.
Stage 2 - Final Competition at Computex 2013
- Top 5 modders will win a trip to Taipei, Taiwan for the final at Computex 2013
- Grand Prize winner will win NT$1,000,000 (approx. US$33,333)
For more info visit: http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Activity/Modmen/index.aspx
You can be sure that we'll cover this at Computex 2013.
- >> NEXT STORY: Samsung intros flip phone sporting dual screens, quad-core processor and is marketed by Jackie Chan
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Wii U U.K. launch event giving games away to attendees on Nov. 30th