US telco, T-Mobile, have just announced that they are expanding their 1900MHz HSPA+ areas by ten new markets, which is part of the company's vision to move to the frequency completely. Currently, T-Mobile offer 1900MHz in Baltimore, Houston, Kansas City, Las Vegas and Washington D.C.
The latest locations to receive improved coverage and speeds will be:
- Phoenix, AZ: including Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, Paradise Valley, Surprise and Ahwatukee
- Mesa, AZ: including Chandler and Gilbert
- Tucson, AZ: including South Tucson, Marana, and Vail
- Silicon Valley: including Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Santa Clara, San Jose
- Oakland, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Stockton, CA
- Modesto, CA
- Miami, FL: including Coral Gables and Miami Beach
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: including Hollywood
Users in these areas might have already seen 1900MHz HSPA+ coverage before, but T-Mobile now feels that they have enough towers supporting the service, to launch it "officially". T-Mobile are also looking to expand the same 1900MHz HSPA+ in Boston, Chicago, LA, Minneapolis, the New York metro area, Philadelphia, San Diego and Seattle. This should roll out over the coming months.
- >> NEXT STORY: Star Citizen breaks crowdfunding record, raises $6.4 million
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Galaxy Nexus 'yakju' phones should be receiving Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OTA updates