Motorola have launched a new Android-powered PC in China, that is really quite a change from the usual computers we find on the market. Motorola call their new creation the HMC3260.
Motorola's HMC3260 sports an 18.5-inch LED-based touchscreen that is capable of playing TV shows, movies, playing games, browsing the Internet, and run all sorts of Android applications.
Motorola partnered up with cloud service provider WASU, which has pumped the HMC3260 full of content. Spec-wise, we're looking at:
- Freescale i.MX53 ARM Cortex A8 1GHz
- Memory: 1 GB DDR RAM, 4 GB NAND flash memory.
- 18.5-inch LED display (1366x768 @ 60Hz, 16:9 widescreen)
- Android 2.3.4 operating system, customized Android Launcher with rich desktop experience
- TV and video client and integration
- Broadband internet access through EuroDOCSIS and LAN (PPPoE / DHCP +, etc.)
One of the bigger issues is that its stuck on Android 3.2 Gingerbread, but this is a relatively new thing, Android-based desktops. No information on pricing, or availability at the moment.
- >> NEXT STORY: Google Wallet use sees 100% increase since they opened it up to all credit cards
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Raspberry Pi and Lego used to build supercomputer - yes, lego
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de