NVIDIA have pushed out another set of drivers, with the GeForce 306.02 WHQL-certified drivers now available. GeForce 306.02 supports operating systems from Windows XP right up to Windows 8, including the usual bug fixes, updated profiles and added support.
Depending on the combination of hardware and software in your system, you should expect a few improvements if you're making the jump from the 301.24 beta, but if you're rocking the R304 family drivers, the improvements shouldn't be as large. GeForce GTX 680 and GTX 580 users will get the following improvements from the 301.24 beta:
GeForce GTX 680:
- Up to 18% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 15% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 10% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- Up to 60% in Total War: Shogun 2 (fixes performance issue with latest game patch)
GeForce GTX 560:
- Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 5% in Battlefield 3 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 8% in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings with SLI
- Up to 7% in Lost Planet 2
The latest driver also includes improved, or new profile for SLI, and antialiasing support for Diablo III, L.A. Noire and Rayman Origins. Also included is ambient occlusion support for Star Wars: The Old Republic. Various bug fixes are included, as usual, and there's some bad news for GeForce 6- and 7-owners. NVIDIA says that those older product lines will be moved to legacy support after the GeForce R304 drivers, meaning that the next major driver family released, will not include support for those series of GPUs.
You can download the drivers here:
- > NEXT STORY: Two special editions of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will be released later this year
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Guild Wars 2 launch sees login issues, sound familiar?