Version 1.8 of the Facebook Messenger app for both iOS and Android has been released and sports some new snazzy features. We have fast conversation switching, swipe-to-delete for specific messages, and a built-in buddy list for who's "online" when you begin a conversation.
The update should have hit already, and also adds the ability to see larger photos in the app. Local notifications for chat updates are also here, as well as read receipts. This along with the other features makes Facebook Messenger a feature-packed instant messaging app. A full feature log from Facebook:
- Quickly switch between multiple conversations with in-app notifications (you'll get notified of an incoming message while within another conversation)
- Include friends of friends in conversations
- iOS users can now swipe to delete an individual messages from conversations. Android users can hold down a message to delete it.
- See who's available when you start a new conversation - Update: in changelog, but from a prior version of Messenger
- Share bigger photos (tap for full screen and pinch to zoom)
- Bug fixes: fixed some bugs and improved performance (faster app loading, navigation and sending, and more reliable push notifications).