Everyone was shocked when Facebook acquired Instagram for a cool $1 billion. Facebook said they were going to keep Instagram somewhat of a separate entity after the acquisition and Facebook rolled out their own Camera app. Now, Facebook has released an update to the Instagram app, the first facelift since the acquisition.
What's New in Version 2.5.0:
- Revamped profile tab
- Search for users and tags in the Explore tab
- Improvements to commenting
- User search autocompletes based on people you follow
- Visual improvements
- Speed optimizations
- Optionally share likes to Facebook (enable in your Profile > Sharing Settings > Facebook)
The biggest change comes in the form of the new "Explore" tab which shows popular photos and has a way to search photos as well. The search allows users to look for users, hashtags, and photos based on the entered search terms.
- >> NEXT STORY: Valve announces they will finally launch the Meet the Pyro video, "Pyromania" event to happen
- << PREVIOUS STORY: 3D images indistinguishable from real life could be only 40 years off