Windows 8 arrives later this year, and we're already getting some huge numbers from Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer on predictions of sales. In a speech to the Seoul Digital Forum in South Korea, Ballmer has said that up to 500 million users will be on a Windows 8-based device by the end of 2013. Ballmer added:
It's really, in some senses, a dawning of the rebirth of MS Windows... It's certainly the most important piece of work we've done.
Ballmer also teased that Microsoft will "soon" launch a version of Skype for Windows 8. This could be part of, or arrive close to the Release Preview of Windows 8, which is expected sometime in teh first week of June. Ballmer also talked about cloud computing, predicting that in a few years, there'll only be a few companies that will dominate that industry, he continues:
The number of core (cloud) platforms, around which software developers will do their innovation, is not ever-broadening. It's really a quite smaller and focused number -- Windows, various forms of Linux, the Apple ecosystem.
Will you be getting Windows 8?
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to sell 6-8 million in 2020, analyst says
- Is China hiding the real COVID-19 death toll? 21 million phones VANISH
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- > NEXT STORY: You'll now need Windows Phone 7.5 to use the Marketplace
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Facebook shares continue to tank, now down 18.1% below the IPO launch price