In order to further user's gaming experiences, Alienware will be the first to feature Qualcomm Atheros' new Killer Wireless-N 1202 chipset. The new wireless chip "is designed to provide improved performance and advanced control by automatically classifying and prioritizing gaming, video and audio network data to provide a superior, uninterrupted online entertainment experience."
"Alienware continues to be the leader in performance laptops and we appreciate that its customers are used to getting the best gaming experience possible," said Mike Cubbage, director of business development, networking business unit, Qualcomm Atheros. "The Killer Wireless-N 1202 will continue the tradition of delivering a superior gaming and real-time communication experience for Alienware laptop users by providing the best in online application performance, intelligence and control to ensure that critical online applications get the bandwidth and priority they need, when they need it."
"Gamers everywhere depend on Alienware to deliver superior experiences that help them achieve that 'epic win'," said Frank Azor, general manager at Alienware. "Integrating the Killer Wireless N-1202 technology-another first from Alienware-allows gamers to experience exceptional online gaming."
The chips ship with a piece of software which allows users to classify priority for network applications. " All Killer technology ships with the exclusive Killer Network Manager, giving users the power to set priorities for all network applications, increase or reduce the bandwidth each application uses, or block an application entirely - all in a unique graphical interface."
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Alienware 25 monitor: 25-inch 1080p at 240Hz with 'Fast IPS' panel
- Alienware's new dual-screen laptop takes cues from the 3DS
- Alienware's new Switch PC hybrid is out of this world
- Best Buy Black Friday deals start now - here are our top tech picks
- Dell's new Latitude 9510 laptop: built-in 5G, up to 30 hours battery
- > NEXT STORY: Samsung Galaxy S3 most pre-ordered Android phone Vodaphone has ever offered
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Windows 8 receives tweaks for multiple monitor, betters user experience