You know what? April Fool's Day can suck it. As a news reporter, it's pretty impossible to sift through news to find the 'real' stuff, but this was posted by Edmund on SuperMeatBoy.com on March 31st, so if he is trolling... then damn you! On with the news!
Super Meat Boy: The Game is reportedly hitting mobile devices, and instead of making a "sub-par" version of the game, the team have decided to remake the whole game from the ground up. They have only started working on it, and as they hit certain development points, they'll start discussing the innards of the game.
They have said a few things about what the game is, and isn't:
What the game is:
- A feature length touch controlled platformer SPECIFICALLY designed for Touch devices.
What the game isn't:
- a shitty port of an existing game with non tactile buttons spread all over the screen blocking the players view and making for frustrating controls.
- the Super Meat Boy you're used to, there are aspects of Super Meat Boy in there, obviously, but this is a brand new game with new art, new sound, everything.
- >> NEXT STORY: Global Payment security breach - up to 1.5 million credit card numbers stolen
- << PREVIOUS STORY: GAME receives 1UP, OpCapita buys 333 stores
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de